These cherries are wrapped in sugar then dip the cherries in chocolate until coated and then refrigerate for up to 20 minutes.
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 tsp. milk
- 1 tsp. almond extract (optional)
- 1 (16-oz.) jar maraschino cherries with stem, drained
- 2 c. chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, mix together powdered sugar, butter, milk, and almond extract until smooth and pliable. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Shape into small balls (about 1”) then flatten into circles (about 2”). Loosely cover baking sheet with a damp paper towel or plastic wrap while working to prevent them from drying out.
- Wrap each circle around cherry, then pinch shut and lightly roll to cover completely. Return to prepared baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, microwave chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until melted. Stir in coconut oil. Dip cherries in chocolate until coated and return to prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 minutes.