These Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are baked in a pan without cooling and add mild chocolate chips to a cookie bar. Add butter and vanilla extract for a creamy soft cookie.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour spooned and leveled
- ½ cup almond flour spooned and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup melted butter or melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup of dark chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8×8-inch baking dish. Line the greased baking dish with parchment paper on all sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the all-purpose and almond flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, butter, and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until just combined. The mixture will be thick. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan, and use a spatula to spread it evenly to the pan’s edges. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and bake for 33 to 38 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Allow cooling in the pan for at least an hour before slicing and serving.