This dessert is very easy to prepare and is made with a cake mix filled with cherry pies and then bake it.
- Cooking spray, for pan
- 2 (20-oz.) cans of cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 c. slivered almonds
- 3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, sliced
- Breyer's vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9″-x-13″ baking dish with cooking spray. Pour cherry filling in pan, then sprinkle cake mix over so cherries are totally covered. Scatter almonds evenly over cake mix then place pats of butter evenly over top.
- Bake until topping is golden, 45 to 55 minutes,
- Let cool slightly, then scoop into serving bowls and top with vanilla ice cream, if you’d like.