This was a favorite in my home growing up and now it's a favorite of my family as well. I double the
recipe these days for my husband and three children. For a change of pace I add canned chopped green
chilies and 1/8 teaspoon cayenne, use pasta shells or spirals, or top the casserole with sliced American
or cheddar cheese instead of breadcrumbs.
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cream of Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; place noodles in water and bring to boil again. Cook
until al dente; drain well.
3. While noodles are cooking saute in a medium size saucepan vegetable oil, onion, green and red
bell peppers. Saute until tender.
4. Pour soup, tuna, milk, salt and black pepper into the saucepan. Mix well over medium-low heat.
5. Fold the noodles into the saucepan.
6. Pour entire mixture into a 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle bread crumbs over the mixture. Bake 20 to
30 minutes or until the top is crisp and golden brown.