The recipe has all the key elements that offer, without the heavy work filling the cabbage leaves. This cabbage roll has all the equivalent flavors as classic cabbage rolls but with way less work!
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Optional: Hot cooked rice and chopped fresh parsley
- Mix first 9 ingredients; set aside. Place cabbage in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage with onion and garlic over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 7-9 minutes; crumble meat; drain. Spoon over cabbage; top with tomato mixture.
- Cook, covered, on low until cabbage is tender and flavors are blended, 5-6 hours. If desired, serve with cooked rice and sprinkle with parsley.