These are gluten-free doughnuts and easy to prepare breakfast and an easy way to start a day.
- Butter softned, for the tray
- linseeds 1 tsp, crushed 4 - 5 tbsp, mineral and 120 ml lemon flavour
- Sorghum Flour 70 g
- Oat Flour 60 g
- Almond Flour 50 g
- Coconut Flour 20 g
- Baking Powder 1 tsp, gluten free
- Bicarbonate of Soda 1/2 tsp
- Xanthan Gum 1 g
- Salt 1 pinch
- Pepper 1 pinch
- Apple Juice 125 ml
- Vanilla Sugar 1 tbsp
- Apples 130 g, puree
- Vegetable oil 3 tbsp
- Lemon Zest 1 - 2 tsp, grated
- Basil 1 handful, leaves, finely chopped
- Lemons 1 unwaxed, grated zest and juice
- Icing sugar 80 g
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan), gas 6.
- Greas12-holehole doughnut tin.
- Add the linseeds to the mineral water and leave to swell for around 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix together the four types of flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, xanthan gum, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, beat the apple juice, vanilla sugar, apple puree, oil and lemon zest using a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Whisk in the linseeds.
- Continue mixing, then add the flour mixture and mix in quickly.
- Add enough lemon-flavoured mineral water to create a smooth, uniform dough.
- Stir in half the chopped basil and transfer the mixture to the tins.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool in the tins.
- Mix together the remaining chopped basil and the lemon juice. Leave to infuse for around 45 minutes then press through a sieve.
- Sift the icing sugar into the mixture a little at a time, stirring, until thick.
- Spoon into a small piping bag and pipe stripes onto the lemon and basil doughnuts.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and leave to set.