This is a healthier recipe that offers less fat and calories for each bite of taste. This is very crispy and crunchy every person will love it.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a nonstick skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until ingredients are heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13×9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, until lightly browned, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the broth, bouillon and pepper. Cook until bouillon is dissolved. In a small bowl, combine flour and half-and-half until smooth; gradually stir into broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chiles; cook until heated through. Serve with chimichangas.