Vegan Tempura is a traditional Japanese dish that is very delicious to prepare at home. It’s all about natural ingredients not using dairy products, and no eggs.
- ice cubes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 cup ice water
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small head of broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 baby carrots
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes. Mix flour and arrowroot powder in a smaller bowl; set over the ice cubes. Pour ice water slowly into the flour mixture, mixing until the batter has a medium-thick texture.
2. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan over medium-high heat. Dip each piece of cauliflower into the batter and cook in batches in the hot oil until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Place on paper towels to absorb excess oil. Repeat with broccoli, red bell pepper, and baby carrots.