A warm hearty blend of Indian spices and nutritious lentils and sweet potatoes rounded out with vegan creamy coconut milk. Perfect served with your favorite rice or some yummy naan or chapati.
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, grind
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup of dry lentils
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper, or add more tablespoons to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk, stir
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriyander
- Bring 3 cups of vegetable broth to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a large bowl over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in tikka masala seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, without burning the garlic, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, ginger, turmeric, and salt. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Mix in lentils, sweet potato, chili pepper, and hot vegetable broth; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until lentils and sweet potato are cooked through about 40 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir to combine. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and serve over rice garnished with coriander.