This health-conscious summer soup is filled with fresh herbs and it’s easy to prepare in your home.
- olive oil
- ½ bunch spring onions, chopped (including green bits)
- 1 large courgette, diced
- 3 tbsp basmati rice
- 750ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 100g (fresh or frozen) peas
- 100g green beans, chopped into 2cm pieces
- basil, parsley or mint a handful of one or a mix, chopped
- ½ lemon, zested
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan. Add the spring onions and courgette, then cook for 3–4 minutes until softened. Add the rice and stock, and cook for 5 minutes, then add the peas and beans, and simmer until the rice is tender. Season, then stir in the herbs and lemon to serve.