This chicken salad is low in calories and it will be ready within 30 minutes. It is a pleasant way to start a week.
- 100g green beans, trimmed
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 400g tin green lentils, drained and rinsed
- a handful mangetout, halved
- 60g bag mixed baby leaves
- a handful flat-leaf parsley, leaves torn
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cook the green beans in a large pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute, then refresh in iced water. Once cold, drain and cut each in half.
- Put the chicken breasts between two pieces of baking paper and use a rolling pin to bash to 1cm thickness. Drizzle with the oil, season generously and sprinkle over the herbs de provence. Heat a griddle pan to high and cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through and really charred. Rest on a plate for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl with 1 tbsp of cold water and some seasoning. Tip in the lentils, mange tout and green beans, and toss well. Gently mix through the salad leaves and parsley, and divide between plates. Top with the griddled chicken and any resting juices.