Burgers get a tropical — and low-carb! — makeover when slices of charred pineapple replace the buns.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pineapple rings
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 4 slices pepper jack
- 4 pieces romaine
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- Heat grill to medium-high. Combine ground beef and Worcestershire in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties, pineapple, and red onion until charred, 3 minutes per side. Top burger patties with pepper jack and cover grill to let melt, 1 minute.
- Top bottom pineapple buns with lettuce, burger patties, bacon, and grilled onions, then top with pineapple bun.