These 100% vegan noodles are perfect for super-hungry nights when you’re short on time.
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 5 to 6 tbsp. Thai red curry paste, depending on spice preference
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1 (13.5-oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 3 1/2 c. water
- 1 lb. (16-oz.) rice noodles
- 2 medium bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 5 oz. sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. cilantro leaves, divided
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more lime wedges for serving
- Fresh Thai basil, for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add curry paste, garlic, and ginger and cook until paste appears to dry out and is very fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stir to combine, scraping up any brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Add water, noodles, vegetables, half the cilantro, and salt. Bring to a boil over medium and cook, stirring frequently, until noodles are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice. If desired, serve garnished with remaining cilantro leaves, lime wedges, and Thai basil.