This Paloma cocktail is commonly mixed with Blanco tequila, lime, and grapefruit. It’s the best drink in summer.
- 1 lime
- flaked sea salt, a pinch
- 50ml blanco tequila
- 50ml pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- a handful ice cubes, for shaking
- sparkling water, to top up
- wedge of grapefruit, to serve
1. Cut the lime and run it around the rim of a chilled highball glass. Put some salt in a small dish and upturn the glass to coat the rim in the salt.
2. Put the tequila, grapefruit juice, 1 tbsp of juice from the lime, and the agave syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
3. Strain into the glass, top up with sparkling water and garnish with a wedge of grapefruit.