These spicy toss grains with peas are flavored with spinach, cumin, and coriander. The grains are packed with nutrients including protein, fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants, etc.
- 3 (we used Burford Browns) eggs
- 25g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 250g ready-cooked freekeh or other grain
- 200g frozen peas, defrosted
- 100g baby spinach, chopped to serve sriracha
1. Cook the eggs in simmering water for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Heat the butter in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the onion and chilli for 8-10 minutes or until softened. Stir in the spices and cook for a minute then stir in the grains with a splash of water and toss together. Add the peas and spinach and cook until the spinach has wilted and everything is piping hot. Shell the eggs and halve.
3. Spoon the freekeh into bowls and top with the eggs and a drizzle of sriracha, if you like.