The nougat is a typical Italian sweet, learn how to make a quark nougat cake with raisins, it is an easy dessert with a nut icing on top of it.
- All Purpose Flour 400 g
- Fresh Yeast 1 cube, (42 g)
- Milk 125 ml, warm
- Sugar 75 g
- Butter 100 g, soft
- Salt 1 pinch
- Vanilla Extract 1 packet, blancmange powder
- Milk 250 ml
- Sugar 150 g
- Lemon Zest 1 tsp, grated
- Lemon Juice 3 tbsp
- Eggs 6
- Salt 1 pinch
- Vanilla Sugar 2 packets
- Quark Cheese 750 g
- Raisins 80 g
- Almonds 100 g, ground
- Nougat 250 g
- For the yeast dough
- Cream the yeast with the milk and 1 tbsp sugar, then put into a mixing bowl with the rest of the dough ingredients and knead to a smooth dough, using the dough hook of an electric mixer.
- Cover and put in a warm place to rise for about 30 minutes.
- For the topping
- Put half the blancmange powder into a pan with the milk and 75 g sugar, boil until it thickens and then chill.
- Separate the eggs. Whisk the egg whites stiffly with the salt.
- Mix the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar and vanilla sugar until foamy.
- Add the quark, lemon rind and juice, raisins, ground almonds, blancmange and the rest of the blancmange powder and mix thoroughly.
- Fold the beaten egg whites into the quark mixture.
- Grease a baking tray. Knead the dough and roll out on the baking tray.
- Spread the quark mixture on the dough and bake in a preheated oven (175°C; middle shelf) for about 50 minutes.
- Take out and cool slightly.
- For the icing
- Melt the nougat in a bain-marie, spread on the cake and leave to cool completely.
- Cut into squares to serve.