Do you eat steel-cut oats for breakfast? Yes, better to soak it before the night you want to have steel-cut oatmeal. It’s very hearty, and delicious!
- 4 cups water
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup milk
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a pot. Pour in oats and return to a boil while stirring. Reduce heat and let simmer until water is absorbed 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove oats from heat and immediately stir in walnuts and raisins. Stir in agave nectar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Divide the oat mixture into 4 portions in bowls. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, up to 5 days.
- When ready to prepare, add 2 tablespoons of milk to each portion. Heat in a microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring halfway through cook time.