Try experimenting with this decadent, boozy coffee using different spirits like bourbon, cognac, dark rum, or amaretto. It’s a good way to round off a banquet, or also can be incorporated into desserts
- 50ml Irish whiskey (or use a blended scotch)
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 150-200ml freshly brewed black coffee
- 50-100ml double cream, chilled
- nutmeg, a generous grating
- Fill a heatproof glass with hot water and rinse out. Pour the whiskey into the glass along with the sugar and mix until the sugar has dissolved. Add the coffee and stir.
- Lightly whip the cream until slightly thickened, then very slowly pour the cream over the back of a teaspoon into the glass so that it floats on top of the coffee in a layer. Grate a little nutmeg on top and serve.