Who doesn’t like Waffles, the best delicious breakfast or brunch one can have, which have crispy outer layer with thick and soft inner layer, if you add different sweet syrups into this waffles it tastes luscious
- 1¼ cups almond milk, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- ½ cup whole wheat flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Maple syrup
- Fresh fruit
- Chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat a waffle iron and prepare your desired toppings.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and the egg.
- In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Scoop ½ cup of batter for each waffle into a Belgian waffle maker, or scoop an appropriate amount for your waffle maker. Cook for 4 minutes, or until golden brown and lightly crisp. The timing will depend on your waffle iron. Serve with desired toppings.