This vegan roll is a great appetizer too! you can use your beloved herbs in it and thinly sliced, sprouts
would be a good addition to your vegan roll.
- For the mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup enoki or sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon tamari
- For the spring rolls:
- 4 ounces cooked soba or rice noodles
- Peanut Sauce
- 4 Vietnamese rice spring roll wrappers*
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Fresh basil & mint leaves
- 1/4 cup microgreens
- Tamari, for serving
1. Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until browned
and soft, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, add the tamari, and toss. Set aside.
2. Toss the noodles with a few spoonful of the peanut sauce until they're well coated.
3. One at a time, dip the rice paper wrappers into warm water for 5 seconds. Remove and place on
a clean towel.
4. Place the noodles, mushrooms, avocado, herbs, and microgreens in the center of the rice paper.
Wrap & tuck the sides, then the bottom flap, and then carefully roll until the wrapper is tightly
5. Serve with extra peanut sauce and tamari for dipping.