It’s a very popular candy apple in a simple process with red food coloring on top of the apple. Let it get cool down before you eat.
- Cooking spray
- 2 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. water
- 1/2 c. light corn syrup
- 16 drops red food coloring
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Line with parchment and grease parchment with cooking spray.
- Insert a wooden stick into the top of each apple, pushing about halfway through. Set aside.
- In a medium heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, combine sugar, 3/4 cup water, corn syrup, and food coloring and bring to a boil. Insert a candy thermometer and continue to boil until the temperature reaches between 300° and 310°, about 15 to 20 minutes. Immediately remove from heat.
- Working quickly and carefully—coating will be extremely hot—coat apples in candy mixture and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Let cool completely before serving.