This Coconut Soup Recipe is one of our favorites, and it’s quick and straightforward enough to form any night of the week. Coconut soup may be a flavorful soup made with a chicken broth and coconut milk base, alongside ginger, lemongrass, a touch of pepper, sometimes mushrooms.
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Carrots 3 each, peeled, sliced
- Lemongrass 1 stalk, sliced
- Scallion 2 each, sliced
- Chili Pepper 1 each, red, deseeded, sliced
- Onion 1 each, sliced
- Chicken Stock 750 ml
- Chicken Breasts 2 each, skinless, boneless
- Milk 200 ml, coconut
- Coriander leaves
- Heat the oil in a wok and briefly toss the vegetables and chilli in the hot oil.
- Add the stock and simmer for about 10 minutes, then add the chicken and cook gently for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, heat gently and season with salt and pepper. Pull the chicken apart with a fork then ladle it into warmed soup bowls and serve garnished with coriander.