Rolled tacos; are the best. I learned how to make them and my husband loved them.
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ¼ cup chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups cooked shredded chicken
- 8 flour tortillas
- oil for frying, or as needed
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; stir flour into butter until smooth. Add onion to flour-
butter mixture; cook and stir until onion is softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Mix black olives, lemon
juice, oil, paprika, black pepper, and salt into onion mixture; cook and stir until heated through,
about 2 minutes. Stir chicken into mixture and remove skillet from heat and cover.
2. Heat oil in a large, heavy saucepan or deep-fryer.
3. Fill tortillas with chicken mixture. Roll tortilla around filling and secure with a toothpick.
4. Fry the rolled tortillas, working in batches, in the hot oil until browned, about 2 minutes.
Transfer fried tortillas to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon or tongs.