We all love pan cakes but today I would like to tell the secret of the pancakes that is adding buttermilk, below are the ingredients and preparation.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups buttermilk
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and buttermilk until blended; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven 6-10 minutes. Or place a stack of 3 pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until heated through, 45-90 seconds.