A cheesesteak is made with sliced pieces inspired by French toast and is topped with eggs, peppers, sausage, and cheese mixture.
- 6 large eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 thick slices bread
- 1 (5 ounce) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown® Chicken Sausage Patties
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In medium bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and milk; dip bread into egg mixture until fully coated. Cook French toast on griddle or large skillet over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
- Cook sausage patties according to package instructions. Cut into strips.
- In separate skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, peppers and onions and saute until browned and tender.
- Add cooked sausage strips to pepper and onion mixture; top with cheese and heat until cheese is melted.
- Cook remaining eggs over easy, or as desired.
Assemble cheesesteaks by layering french toast with eggs, and pepper, sausage and cheese mixture. Season with salt & pepper and serve open-faced.