Three Bean Salad is an all-star American picnic recipe and the easiest bean salad ever.
- 1/3 c. red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 c.)
- 1 (15-oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can cut green beans, drained and rinsed, or 1½ c. chopped blanched green beans
- 1 c. loosely packed fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
1. In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon pepper until sugar is
dissolved, about 30 seconds. Gradually add the oil, whisking until combined. Stir in the onion
and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Fold in the cannellini, kidney, and green beans, and the parsley. Gently toss to coat.
3. Serve immediately or let marinate, covered, in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to overnight. Stir
gently before serving.