Stuffed mini peppers Indian style are treat to eyes, as well as taste buds, they are crisp, sweet and not spicy.
- Chipotle pinto beans:
- 1 can SimplyNature Organic Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers from a can of Pueblo Lindo Chipotle Peppers, diced*
- 1 pound organic mini sweet peppers, sliced in half, seeds and ribbing removed
- SimplyNature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Stonemill Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Pineapple Salsa
- Make the beans: In a small bowl, mix the pinto beans with the chipotle peppers. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Thread the peppers onto metal skewers, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with pinches of salt and pepper. Grill 2 minutes per side or until charred and tender but not collapsed.
- Remove the peppers from the skewers and fill each pepper with rice and top with pineapple salsa. Serve with the pinto beans and extra pineapple salsa on the side.