This is a better combo with winter, a spicy pork squash after a day spent in chilled outdoors will make you feel most satisfying.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- Combine first 5 ingredients in bottom of a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle ribs with salt, garlic powder and pepper; place in slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove cover; stir to break pork into smaller pieces. Serve with pasta. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese.