Hello dear Shrimp lovers,
Try out this delicious shrimp quesadilla. A luscious mixture of Mexican cheese, jalapeño pepper, chopped onions flavors much more to this shrimp and add on delighted taste.
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 4 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated over medium heat; add onion and jalapeno. Cook and stir until tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cumin and pepper; cook and stir until shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in tomato.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to the same skillet; add one tortilla. Top with half the cheese, half the shrimp mixture and one tortilla. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes on each side; remove. Repeat with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, tortillas, cheese and shrimp mixture. Cut into wedges.