Butter makes this dish so yummy and especially when you mix with lemon zest and oregano together quick and it’s REAL delicious!
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened, divided
- 1 1/4 lb. baby potatoes, halved
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon zested and thinly sliced
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme, divided, plus more leaves for serving
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano, divided
- 2 1/2 lb. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 small red onion, halved and cut into 3/4" wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- Preheat oven to 425°. Using a spatula, spread 2 tablespoons butter on the bottom of a large rimmed baking sheet. Add potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast until they just start to turn golden, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir together remaining 6 tablespoons butter, lemon zest, 3 teaspoons thyme, and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Rub butter mixture all over chicken, including under the skin. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon thyme and ½ teaspoon oregano.
Add onion, lemon slices, and garlic to baking sheet and toss with potatoes. Nestle chicken thighs among potato mixture. Roast until golden and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°, about 35 minutes.