This one-pan recipe could not be easier to make! combine Italian sausage with peppers, onions, tomatoes, vegetable juice, and rice for dinner.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- ½ cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can RED GOLD® Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups RED GOLD® Vegetable Juice from Concentrate
- 1 ½ cup instant rice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet cook sausage until no longer pink, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain off excess fat. Add green bell pepper and onion; cook until crisp.
- Add diced tomatoes and vegetable juice; cook and stir until mixture boils. Remove from heat and stir in rice.
- Cover and let stand 6 to 8 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until cheese is melted.