Homemade granola bars are a great dessert that’s easy to make and customize with your favourite ingredients.
- 1 cup very smooth creamy natural peanut butter or cashew butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heaping 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2½ cups whole rolled oats
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips*
- 3 tablespoons pepitas or crushed peanuts or cashews
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt, until smooth.
- Add the oats, chocolate chips and the pepitas (or nuts). The mixture might seem dry at first, but keep stirring and it’ll come together. Stir to combine and press firmly into the pan. Use a second piece of parchment paper and the back of a measuring cup to help flatten the mixture. Chill for at least 1 hour, then slice into bars.
- Store bars in the fridge.