A great take on a Hawaiian-style dinner. This one’s great for that leftover ham. Cubed ham sauteed with
onions and pineapple in a sweet sauce. Kids love it and it's great served over rice or noodles.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ cups cooked and cubed ham
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 ⅓ cups pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the ham, onions, and pineapple chunks
in the butter for about 5 minutes.
2. In a separate medium bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and
cornstarch. Stir this together well and pour over the ham mixture in the skillet. Stir well and
allow to heat through and thicken, about 5 minutes.