This green goddess soup is dressings rely on mayonnaise and one to two herbs for their creaminess, yet is 100% gluten-free.
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1 ¼ c.)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 c.)
- Kosher salt
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into small florets (about 9 c.)
- 4 c. packed, torn kale leaves
- 2 c. packed fresh parsley
- 1 c. packed fresh basil
- 1/2 c. packed fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/2 c. chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c. Greek yogurt
- 4 c. low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- For garnish: 1 avocado sliced and 1/2 c. toasted, sliced almonds
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, celery, and ½ tsp. salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minute. Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant and golden, about 2 minutes. Add anchovy and cook, stirring to break up fillets.
- Pour broth and 2 cups water into pot. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add cauliflower, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Working in small batches in , puree the soup with kale, parsley, basil, tarragon, chives, lemon juice, ¼ cup of the yogurt, and another ½ teaspoon salt until vibrant green and smooth, pouring the soup into a clean pot or large bowl as it is done. Season with more salt to taste.
- While soup is cooling, combine kale, parsley, basil, tarragon, chives, lemon juice, ¼ cup of the yogurt, and ½ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Once soup has cooled, place 1-2 cups cauliflower soup and 1 cup herb mixture in a blender and blend until vibrant green and smooth. Pour into a clean pot or large bowl. Repeat until everything is blended. Stir soup to combine and season with more salt to taste if needed.
- Whisk 2 tablespoons water into the remaining yogurt, adding more a few drops at a time until the yogurt is drizzle consistency. Ladle soup into bowls and top with avocado, almonds, and more chives. Drizzle with yogurt and more oil to serve.