Gingerbread muffins flavored with robust slices and the finishing touch with zippy lemon glaze. The lemon and ginger combo is always a perfectly tangy and mild spicy aromatic flavor. This combo is a best
- All Purpose Flour 250 g
- Sugar 225 g, caster
- Baking Powder 2 tsp
- Ginger 2 tsp, ground, 2 tbsp chopped preserved
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp, ground
- Eggs 2
- Honey 55 g
- Syrup 50 ml, from a jar of preserved ginger
- Butter 110 g, unsalted, melted, 175 ml, hot
- Icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) gas 4.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and spices into a mixing bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, honey, ginger syrup and butter until smooth.
- Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Add the water and chopped ginger and stir well until combined.
- Divide between the muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave in the tins for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool.
- Sift a little icing sugar over the muffins just before serving.