These juicy shrimp are bathed in creamy tomatoes and then baked it.
- 4 large zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3/4 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Score zucchini (like you’re dicing an avocado) and scoop out the insides with a small spoon, leaving a ¼”-thick border intact. Chop zucchini pulp and set aside.
- Place zucchini boats in a large baking dish and drizzle all over with oil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle thyme on top. Bake until tender, about 20 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat, let cool, then chop into bite-size pieces.
- Return the skillet to medium heat and melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add reserved zucchini pulp, tomatoes, and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Add cream, Parmesan, and lemon juice, and cook until slightly reduced 3 minutes. Remove from heat and fold in cooked shrimp.
- Fill zucchini boats with shrimp mixture and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with more Parmesan and parsley, if desired, before serving.