The best classy dinner ever i should say, and to be honest preparing this dish is a joy and to eat is Scrummy. Below is the ingredient list and the process to prepare.
- Almonds 2 tbs
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Duck 1, approx. 2 kg
- White Wine 400 g, dry
- Pears b 4 small, peeled, halved and cored
- Onion 1, diced
- Tomatoes 2, skinned and chopped
- Chicken Stock 250 ml
- Garlic 3 - 4 cloves
- Pear Schnapps bv 2 tbsp
- Sage 2 tbsp, fresh, chopped
- Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), gas 6.
- Spread the almonds on a baking tray and roast until golden.
- Remove from the tray and leave to cool. Brush the baking tray with oil.
- Pierce the skin of the duck multiple times. Rub with salt and 1 tbsp oil.
- Place on the prepared baking tray, breast side down, and roast for 1 hour.
- Drain the fat, turn the duck and add 150 ml of water.
- Roast for another 50-60 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Place the wine in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Add the pears halves and cook for 10-20 minutes until soft.
- Fry the onion in the remaining oil for around 10 minutes on low heat.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer until thick.
- Add the stock and some of the pear-wine broth and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Grind the garlic and almonds in a mortar with the schnapps.
- Stir into the sauce and season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Remove the duck from the oven and cut it into pieces.
- Add the meat juices to the sauce along with the sage, season to taste, and serve with the drained pears and the duck.