This recipe is so easy to prepare with 3 steps just roast, boil and blend! it will be in a creamy texture and this soup does not require nuts and dairy products.
- ½ small yellow onion, sliced into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 1 small or ½ large cauliflower, florets and core, roughly chopped (1 pound)
- 1½ cups heated vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon curry powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper, more if desired
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Creamy Kale Pepita Pesto (from the grain bowl recipe)
- microgreens, optional
- red pepper flakes, optional
- naan bread, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Wrap the onion wedges and the garlic clove in foil with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast until the onion is very soft and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, set aside (still wrapped in the foil), for 5 minutes so that the onion continues to steam and soften (If the onion is undercooked, the soup will be bitter).
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the cauliflower florets and core pieces for 8 to 10 minutes, or until fork-tender. Scoop the cauliflower out of the water and into a blender. Add the roasted onion and (peeled) garlic, the vegetable broth, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and a few generous pinches of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more salt and pepper, as desired. Add more lemon if you want the flavors to be brighter, more curry powder if you want a stronger curry flavor, and more cayenne if you want more of a kick!
- Scoop into bowls and serve with swirls of the Creamy Kale Pepita Pesto.* Top with the microgreens and red pepper flakes, if desired. Serve with naan bread.