I threw this salad together with the ingredients I had in my kitchen one evening. This light and tasty
alternative to a regular salad will accompany Mexican dishes perfectly. This also works well served as a
dip with tortilla chips and tastes even better a day after making it. Serve as a side dish or as a dip with
chips and salsa.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ white onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, or more to taste, seeded and diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Mix corn, tomatoes, avocado, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro together in a bowl.
2. Whisk olive oil, and lime juice together in a small bowl; drizzle over the corn salad. Season salad
with salt and pepper.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.