Cookie pie is a delicious dessert that combines the best of both worlds – the texture of a cookie and the form of a pie.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brickle toffee bits
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat until golden brown, 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool completely until butter is solid.
- Preheat air fryer to 350°. Line bottom of a greased 8-in. round baking pan that will fit in air fryer; grease paper. Add sugars to butter; beat until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into butter mixture. Fold in toffee bits.
- Press half the dough onto bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Spread Nutella over dough in pan to within 1/2 in. of edge. Press remaining dough between sheets of parchment into an 8-in. circle. Place over Nutella; pinch edge to seal. If desired, sprinkle with additional sea salt.
- Cook until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean, 10-12 minutes. Loosen side from pan with a knife. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to wire rack; remove paper. If desired, dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.