A cheesecake that tastes smooth, creamy, and delicious. The secret of this recipe is soaked cashews!
cashews are an amazing ingredient that can be used across a variety of recipes.
- 1 c. quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 c. almonds
- 3/4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. almond butter
- 3/4 c. coconut milk
- 1 1/4 c. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 c. cashews (soaked overnight, drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 c. refined coconut oil, melted, plus more for pan
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 (8-oz.) container vegan cream cheese
- 3 c. fresh or frozen raspberries, divided
1. Make the crust: Pulse oats, almonds, and coconut flakes in a food processor until fine crumbs
form. Transfer to a medium bowl and fold in maple syrup, salt, and almond butter.
2. Grease the bottom of a 8″ or 9” spring form pan with coconut oil and press crust evenly into
bottom of pan.
3. Make the filling: In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix coconut milk and ¾ cup sugar and
heat just until sugar is dissolved. Let cool.
4. In a high-powered blender, blend soaked cashews, cooled coconut milk mixture, coconut oil,
and vanilla until thick and smooth. Blend in vegan cream cheese.
5. Pour filling mixture into crust and chill in freezer for at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
6. Make the fruit topping: Bring 2 cups raspberries and remaining 1/2 cup sugar to a low boil over
medium heat and continue to simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Let cool, then fold in remaining 1 cup berries.
7. Assemble the cake: Remove cheesecake from springform pan and let thaw at room temperature
1 hour before spooning raspberry topping all over top of cake.