Broccoli-stuffed Chicken Breast is filled with cheese mixture, scorched in a skillet, and then baked to perfection.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine poultry seasoning, pepper, curry powder, garlic powder and salt; sprinkle over chicken.
- Combine broccoli and cheese; place half in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over filling; fold ends up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place, seam side down, in an 8-in. square baking pan; add broth. Cover pan loosely with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; baste the chicken with pan juices. Bake, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove toothpicks before serving. If desired, thicken pan juices for gravy.