Asian Cucumber Salad has a mild refreshing and high water content. Best dehydration and pleasant to eat on hot summer days.
- Asian Cucumber Sesame Salad
- 2 large English cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a colander and toss them with 1/2 tablespoon of kosher salt. Let the cucumbers sit in the colander in the sink for 15-30 minutes then rinse them off and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the cucumbers into a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk together all of the dressing ingredients then pour the dressing over the cucumbers and stir everything together.
- Top the salad with the toasted sesame seeds and green onion. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.