Vegan chocolate crinkle cookies are so pretty and a serious crowd-pleaser! A classic holiday cookie, and
for good reason.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil OR melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add the sugar and canola oil. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and
smooth. Add the ground flax seeds, non-dairy milk and vanilla, and mix well to combine.
3. Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt using either a sifter or fine mesh strainer.
Stir until combined with the wet ingredients and a soft dough is formed.
4. Place the powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl. Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough at a
time, and shape into a ball. Roll the ball in the powdered sugar very generously, covering all
sides. The more powdered sugar, the prettier the cookies will be.
5. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart so they have room to
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until set. They will appear slightly undercooked and soft, but will firm up
as they cool.
7. Cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack. Store any extra
cookies in an airtight container for 4-5 days. Enjoy!