All you would like to try to do is swap butter for melting coconut oil to form a completely vegan apple crumble.
- bramley apples 6 (750g), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- vegan custard (we used Oatly vanilla custard)
- 150g plain flour
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 75g jumbo oats
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
1. Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Toss the apple slices with the golden caster sugar and cinnamon, then tip into a deep, round 25cm baking dish.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and oats, then tip in the melted coconut oil and a pinch of salt, and mix well. Tip onto the apples, spreading to roughly cover, then bake in the oven for 45 minutes until the sauce is bubbling up around the sides. Switch the oven to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden on top. Serve with custard.