The best summer recipes involve minimal prep and tiny to no cooking, which is why this light, refreshing salad is usually in my rotation.
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 6 cherry tomatoes, seeded and quartered
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; cover and refrigerate 15-20 minutes. Add avocado; toss gently. Sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately.