This Italian-inspired chili is packed with spicy turkey sausage and leafy kale for a tomato-y chili.
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground spicy turkey sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 3 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 large bunch kale, torn into pieces
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add turkey sausage and cook until golden and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Add onion, garlic, red pepper, chili powder, cayenne, and oregano and cook until tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Add tomato paste and stir, 1 minute, then add diced tomatoes, beans, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add kale.
2. Simmer until chili has thickened, about 30 minutes.