It’s one of my favorite tricks: all components in this dish, we use protein, carbs, and vegetables.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, plus 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus 4 sprigs
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 1/4 lb. small potatoes, halved
- Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425º. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. In a large high-sided
skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and cook until golden, 4
minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more, then transfer to a plate.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add butter to skillet, swirling to melt. Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1
minute. Stir in lemon juice and remove skillet from heat. Pour butter mixture into a heatproof
bowl and add thyme leaves, rosemary, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add potatoes and remaining 2 tablespoons oil to skillet. Season with salt and pepper and toss to
coat. Transfer skillet to the oven and roast, stirring halfway through, until lightly golden, 30
4. Give potatoes a stir and arrange lemon slices, thyme sprigs, and chicken on top. Return to oven
and roast until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender, 15 minutes.
5. Serve with butter sauce drizzled over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with parsley.