This soup is low in calories and boosts your immunity and soup consists of cloves, ginger, leek, and carrots.
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil, plus a drizzle to serve
- a thumb-sized piece ginger, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 leek, halved and finely sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and shredded
- 2 tbsp brown miso paste
- 50g quinoa
- a large handful kale
1. Heat 2 tsp of sesame oil in a large pan over a medium heat and gently cook the ginger, garlic, leek, carrot, sesame seeds and 1/2 the red chilli for 10-15 minutes, stirring regularly, until the vegetables are soft. Add the miso and 700ml of just-boiled water, mixing to dissolve the miso. Add the quinoa, cook gently for 10-15 minutes or until the quinoa is just cooked, then add the kale for a few minutes to soften.
2. Ladle into bowls and top with the remaining chilli and a drizzle of sesame oil.