This easy side dish would be an addition to your table menu. To make it a full meal pair it with any meat or seafood.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small pieces*
- 1-2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons agave or sweetener of your choice
- A few handfuls of arugula
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins (soak for a few minutes if they’re not plump)
- 2 teaspoons minced tarragon
- Sea salt and fresh black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Break or chop cauliflower into small pieces.
- Prepare 1 to 2 baking sheets with parchment or foil. Place cauliflower on baking sheets so the pieces are not touching. Drizzle with olive oil, white wine vinegar, and agave, and toss with pinches of salt and pepper. The amount you use will depend on how much cauliflower you have and if you prefer to cook with more oil or with less.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until deeply golden and caramelized (not burnt, but just before). Remove from oven. While the cauliflower is somewhat hot, toss with the arugula so the arugula wilts just slightly from the heat. Toss in a bowl with capers, raisins, and tarragon, and serve.